No Upfront or Out-of-Pocket Expenses

On-The-Job Injuries, Inc., Logo

(425) 827-8368

(206) 734-5370

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of injuries qualify?

All workers injured in the course of their employment are covered by the state of Washington industrial insurance laws, with very few exceptions.

I'm not working due to the injury, how do I get compensation?

If you are unable to perform your job due to a work-related injury, you are entitled to receive payment of time-loss benefits upon medical certification by your attending physician.

How do I get the medical care I need?

First, go to the ER (if seriously hurt) or to your doctor and file a state of Washington workers' compensation claim form. The examining doctor will make recommendations for treatment or refer you to a doctor who specializes in the treatment of your injuries. If your employer is self-insured, he or she will provide you with the claim form upon your request.

Is there a time limit for filing a claim?

Yes. A claim for a specific incident of injury must be filed within one year of the date of the incident. An occupational disease claim, an injury that has occurred over a period of time, must be filed within two years from the date a doctor says you have reason to file a claim.